This week we continue to look at:
My little acronym which will change your life in a big way.
Today we are looking at change.
If I know one thing for certain, aside from the fact you should never say the ‘Q’ word (quiet) on the ward, that change is the only certainty of life. Life will change so you best be ready. You can wait for situations to change which may not work for your schedule nor will it necessarily change the way you want. Or you can make the changes. I recommend the latter.
I recommend approaching change from a needs-based perspective and then a time-based perspective.
- What needs to be changed? (perhaps nothing at the minute. Perhaps you are happy with most things and you don’t need any action now. Good on you!).
- What doesn’t need changing?
Then move to what you can change at certain times:
- What can I change today?
- What can I change this month?
- What can I change over 6 months?
- What can I change over a year +?
I recommend trying to write out things that you want to change in a tense which is like they are already true (i.e. If you want a job without weekend work write ‘I work Monday-Friday’.)
Once you have these points decided upon then look at the ‘how’. The ‘how’ is important but don’t get too bogged down in the how while trying to work out your requirements and changes. When ready and able start to consider the following questions:
- Who do I need to be to achieve this?
- What do I need to do to achieve this?
- What will I do this week to achieve this?
- What will I do this month to achieve this?
I will be hosting a web-based Masterclass on RCA in August. Register your interest so you can get into the deeper aspects of achieving a successful RCA. Click here to save your front row seat.
Next week we look at Accept.